Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Second Quarter of the year.

So coming back to a post a few months ago, I have started on the journey to reconstruct myself. This includes my outlook on life, people, my hobbies and talents, my health and future. Whether I am working on my spirituality or my fitness level, I am now doing something each day to improve me. Some would say improving on perfection - oh well anyway, I know I need a tuneup so to speak so here I am.

To say jogging is my favorite thing to do would be wrong, but I am finding it to be a quick easy way to get my heart rate up so this spawned a new ipod nano. Yoga has been added for the off running days to keep me flexible. Do I really want to mention the diet portion? Oatmeal - yes quaker oats, for breakfast each day and a banana chocolate protein shake for lunch. Dinner well is still a challenge as I live with a foodie husband.

I want to say I've started this task. That I'm trying to improve my sewing skills, my garden and my mindset. I find that some of my hobbies are intensely meditative and without them, I tend to be angry and frustrated in life.

I have no set goals other than to be happier and healthier in 1 month and more so over time. I am open for advice, support ectera, but ultimately I have to do the work to see the results.

No comments: