Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Something Something

It's been a bit stressful at work this week (staff reductions). So I haven't been very outwardly energetic. But I do have a few updates. I was able to spend some time in the garden Saturday morning and found the pepper plants has burst forth another gallon of jalapenos. So instead of jalapeno relish that I'd already canned, I made jelly. I hope everyone likes a little spice in their Christmas this year!
On Sunday, the hubs and I and his friend Austin went out shooting sporting clays at the gun club. Here's our stroller for the guns..yes for the guns..hahaha what will they think of next?
The hubs has been out of town this week so I was able to watch a movie I'd been wanting to see - "Water for Elephants" - well let's just say the book was better. I stitch when I watch TV - here's a little ornie I'm making.

4 comments:

Regena said...

good job, glad you still have work and I always like a little spice in my everyday, not just my holiday!!

Karen said...

You've been a busy busy girl! Love the cross stitch too :)

Denise said...

Love the ornie and pepper jelly is soooo yummy. You are so creative in so many things!

jillytacy said...

The pepper jelly sounds fabulous! I've been wanting to try making it myself but don't have a recipe.
By the way at first glimpse it looks like a baby carriage gone wild - it gives new meaning to the old phrase riding shotgun!