Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I'm still here,

just haven't been able to get my blog groove going lately.  Keep thinking I need to post and then look fabric!

So here is a quilt I made for my father in law back in Texas.

Camera Roll-1412

I did a self binding and hand tied it rather than binding and quilting it...Yes, last minute Christmas gift needed to get done quickly.

Camera Roll-1413

Here is a little gem I picked up off of Craig's list. She is a Singer 66 Red Eye from 1923

Camera Roll-1498

Camera Roll-1499



She is really beautiful and I used a local shop that did a great job in buffing her up.

Last Friday I was able to attend the Road to California show (sadly, my dear friend Karen from SewMuch2Luv got sick and couldn't go with me).

Here is ELEANOR BURNS.  I'm such a paparazzi!

Camera Roll-1501

I was hoping she'd throw thread on me like fairy dust.

Here's the wall of Red Work Submissions for the Bird Brain Designs Challenge.
Camera Roll-1502


Here is one little item I did end up purchasing but will not get until after I go get my peepers checked at the eye doc next month, from Craft Optics.

Camera Roll-1505


Here are some of the quilts on display.

Camera Roll-1510

Camera Roll-1512

Camera Roll-1513

And finally, here is a little something I am working on right now.

Camera Roll-1515

Here is one that I have already completed.



3 comments:

Regena said...

when you look at it all together, it looks like you haven't had any sleep. Love the mini quilties

Denise said...

You've been busy! I love the pics from the quilt show. They are always fun to attend.

Karen said...

Sigh.....wish I could have been there. Looks like you picked up lots of fun items and your TX quilt is just too fun!!!