Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My modified Stack Coins Quilt

Just needs one small bit of work and it is DONE. This thing has taken me months and months and quite frankly I'm a bit of sick of looking at it. I may need to pack it away for a while before i put it out. So a refresh of what it is - I used 2 boxes of Moda Dark Candy Bars, two brown sashing fabrics, a green polka dot backing and redish brown/green fabric for the binding. I hand quilted with Perl Cotton no 8 in a variety of colors. I don't know how the Amish and the hand quilters do it. Looking at the same quilt for so long but it's no wonder their quilts cost what they do - I now think they undercharge. Now I feel like I can move onto the Old Truck Quilt and a few other projects without the Lil Rascals and Stacked Coins wearing on my UFO stack.

4 comments:

Denise said...

It's beautiful and I think you did a fantastic job. The handquilting thing is something I don't think I want to tackle either. I get bored too easily. But your perserverance has me a bit motivated to give it a try!

Regena said...

I think you did a nice job of it.
I do understand looking at a project too long tho, that's why some things seem to take me forever.

jillytacy said...

It turned out great! I imagine after all of that hand quilting you might need a little vacation from it. Just don't forget about it, it's too pretty to sit in a closet.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I LOVE your modified stacked coins, and the hand quilting! I am particularly fond of hand quilting b/c of its history, and the fact that my ancestors were hand quilters. :)