Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Scrap-a-Licious

At our house we did a major purge over this last week.  Lots of stuff taken to Goodwill.  I'd been meaning to go through my scrap bins for a while...So last night I started sorting by color and tossing what was just a crumb.
It looked something like this...
 


Then I wanted to look for a scrap-friendly quilt project.  I flipped through this book.




I found this quilt..



So most of my scrap pile ended up looking like this..



I also realized I have a gingham problem...





4 comments:

Karen said...

I just snorted! I love all your gingham! Can't wait to see that quilt all done :)

Regena said...

I can't wait either. you got a LOT done with your scraps. maybe you need to make a gingham quilt too??

NadineC said...

I like your "crumb" statement. I have to say, "crumbs" are about all I can bear to toss, LOL! Can't wait to see that quilt - it looks like it will be fabulous! Have a wonderful 2012 - sooo glad we got to know each other!

Denise said...

I can't wait to see your finished quilt! it's going to be so pretty. Hand quilting again? haha!

Blog Archive