Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I finally got something done!

I know I'm busy but it seems like I never get anything done. However, this weekend I was able to finish up one small project.  As you read (hahaha) in my previous post, I had these quilt squares from the Crafty Girls weekend that we made (one each from Regena, Karen and Denise) that we swapped.

So, I dug through my stash to find some sashing, made up some make-do squares for corner stones out of the scrapes I had and came up with this little table runner.

I decided to do free-motion quilting - at which I'm still learning.  I crossed a few lines and got some points, but in the end it doesn't look too bad.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I know that last photo looks like it's wonky, but it's not in person, I just suck at photography.

I also, finally added the sashing and make the quilt sandwich of the scrap quilt I started way back when.

Untitled

4 comments:

Regena said...

Dang it, that's two of you completely done!
Your quilties look great!! Good job!

Denise said...

I love how all of our projects with the stars are coming out different and beautiful! Great FMQing by the way!

Karen said...

Totally awesome Ms. Amy :) I love that scrappy quilt!!!

Marcia said...

Very nice and it does not look 'wonky' at all :-)!