Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's a Reunion

and not my husband's 30th class reunion either! This weekend is the International Quilt Festival. Well, this has lead to a different kind of reunion - if you can call it that even. You see here in blog land or apron swapping land, there is a bunch of camaraderie and friendships made. This lead to a few of us planning a "get together" for the festival. I can not wait to finally meet these ladies I've chatted with, sewn with, swapped with, and all around gotten to where there are my dear friends.

I can't remember how life was without them here in the online world - helping me, coaching me, making tutorials for me. They've really encouraged me to sew better and work outside the lines.

So if you don't hear from me this weekend, it's because we're having too much fun having snacks, sewing, seeing the festival and spending time together.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I am seriously so excited for this weekend! What happens in Long Beach....stays in Long Beach....just sayin :)

Denise said...

I too am excited to finally meet the 2 of you in person. I feel like we've known each other for years! The 3 of you have been a great sewing inspiration for me and I've really gone outside my comfort zone and am having a ball!

Regena said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
just sayin.......