Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Strength

grandma

I tried to figure out how to follow stamina and I decided strength would be good. Strength is either muscles and brawn or strength can be in carrying emotional luggage.

Strength seems to be very much a hereditary characteristic. Strong people usually produce strong offspring. Giving them skills to endure challenges in life or even to lift heavy objects.

I have a grandmother that is so strong it's unbelievable. She's 90 years old, and an inspiration to me. She has always had such a good outlook, even in tough times. She's had enough tough times for one lifetime already. She is kind to her family and loves all of us so very much. She is where my strength comes from. I am proud to be her granddaughter.

3 comments:

Regena said...

I'm glad you still have your gram gram!!!

Karen said...

What a beautiful thing to say about your grandmother :) My "Oma" was made of steel. She had such a beauty and strength. My mom is the same way. Hard headed germans...what can I say? Years ago we were watching a cheesy movie with the kids about a volcano with Pierce Brosnan, and at one point they are in a small boat and the water in the lake turned acidic because of the volcano and the boat started to disolve before they could get to the shore. The grandmother jumped into the water and pushed the boat to safety even though she knew it meant her death. My kids both said..."Oma would totally do that". We laugh about it all the time that my mom would totally jump into acid to save the rest of us. I hope that one day my boys will know that about me too.

Crazy Amy said...

When I was 3 my family was in a super bad car accident. My mom had both legs and her hips broken. My grandma came out to help us. I had the least amount of injuries so I spent most of my time with her as my mom and brothers were bed ridden for months. Grandma made me pancakes every single stinking day because I wanted them. I was heart broken when she went back home when my mom healed up.