that I want to be able to do. They sew, they cook, they sculpt, they quilt...but then there is Missy! She cans! Look at all that goodness on her table. It just blows me away.
I remember helping my mom put up veggies in the summer. She made these awesome spicy pickled carrots that I loved to snack on. As an adult I think they'd be great in a martini.
So I'm on the hunt for some good canning tools - do I go with a pressure canner or a water bath type of pot? I know I need the jar lifter and the bottle tong, a food mill and jar funnel. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or advice they can pass along to me? I'd like to start planning for all those fresh summer veggies.
- ► 2014 (16)
- ► 2013 (18)
- ► 2012 (33)
- Life from 30,000 Feet
- Apricot Fried Pies
- The table runner Saga continues
- Ever have one of those heated discussion
- Learning more about Quilting
- What I learned this weekend
- I ordered them
- It was a long week...
- Something Special to Share
- How Does a Seed Become Something Beautiful?
- Shoe Porn
- Chicken Lovin' Hot Mama's Apron Swap
- I read blogs where people do all kinds of things
- Could it be Spring?
- ▼ March (14)
- ► 2010 (70)
- ► 2009 (20)