Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Life from 30,000 Feet

In flight wifi. Nice to be able to blog while in transit for a change. Unfortunately, it also means you have access to work and emails and the outside world. Outside of this tube in the sky anyway. It is late and dark on the plane. I'm in the second row in economy. I have the 2 seat row to myself and I can people watch from where I am. The guy in the first row is working hard getting a buzz on with cocktails. the couple with the baby in the middle of my row finally got their child to sleep. The guy in front of me keeps looking back as I type - it either annoys him or he's too cheap to pay for his own internet access.

Work in Atlanta this week was rough, my moral is low and I am tired. I want to always help and fix and improve and move forward. When I come to the office here, I get more work, more confused, more challenges and more enlightenment all at the same time. It's emotionally draining. I'm ready to be home with my dogs and my husband.

Just before boarding, my hubs texted me saying he'd be working all night...a car hit a pole and he's working. I wont get to see him until tomorrow afternoon when I get home. It's a downer after the last few days.

The best part of the week is going to be walking around my yard looking over the things I've planted and seeing how much they've grown this week. It always amazes me to see this after I've been gone for a few days.

Maybe this weekend, I can plan something wonderful for the hubs birthday...crawfish boil anyone?

3 comments:

jillytacy said...

It sounds like you need the peace and quiet of home to rest and rejuvenate in. I hope you have a great weekend!

Karen said...

As I'm reading this you are already home. I hope that today is a better day than yesterday and that you got some much needed rest. I'm sure 2 tiny dogs and one happy hubby makes the home-coming so much better :)

Denise said...

I hope you are feeling much better since being home with your husband and fur babies. Sit in your garden, plant some flowers and get lots of hugs - it's the best part of rejuvenation!

Blog Archive