Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Monday, August 15, 2011

Art Quilt Part 2

Here is a little more progress on the truck art quilt.

I've selected the fabrics for the truck. I have not found the background fabrics yet.

I've made the pattern outlines for each piece of fabric/color. As you can see, I've made a fabric sheet and then 1 page for each fabric with all the various patterns on it.

Now I need to get some freezer paper and something I think they called DoSew, or DewSew or DuSo - not sure yet. It look like a simple non-fusible web, but I think I need to do more research. It is a web where they applied the cut pattern pieces to start fixing them in place.

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is so cool! I'm loving the process :) Thanks for sharing this!

Regena said...

I love watching you do this!! It's all new to me!!

Kaki said...

This is going to be awesome...I like biting off more than I can chew, too!

Denise said...

Wow! that is going to be awesome! I can't wait to see it all finished.