Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Art Quilt Part 3 and the Panda Swap

So for the last week or so I've been traveling. First I went to Seattle to see a dear friend get married! I had the best time and just love her and her family and her new family. It really was a beautiful wedding! Then I came home for 12 hours and left for San Jose for business. Needless to say, I haven't gotten much sewing done. I did however get the final items needed to move forward with my art quilt.

The Ruby Beholder - this is a value finder and window template.



It is to help sort fabrics by value. It helps you see the fabrics in shadings from light to dark.


I found the Do Sew on Clotide (along with some charm packs, I didn't need for the Art Quilt).


This is the traceable foundation for me to mount my pattern pieces to in the image construction of the art quilt.

And finally, I remembered to pick up some freezer paper from the grocery store for the applique pieces.



So now I should be ready to start cutting out the pattern pieces and the initial assembly.

Also, while I was gone, my Panda Swap box arrived and Kerry out did herself! It was such an amazing swap box! wow!


Wonderful stuff in there! - fat quarters, rick rack, buttons, an awesome pin cushion, measuring cups and spoons, a pattern for a fun animal (panda) blanket and some incredible panda ribbons! But wait for it - she also made me this super panda table runner! check this out! it's cheerful and fun.


Thank you so much Kerry! I just love it.

5 comments:

Regena said...

nice haul and I can't wait to see how your art quilt progresses!

Karen said...

Panda-licious! And the art quilt is so exciting! I can't wait to see it!!!!

Denise said...

Neat stuff from the Panda swap!
I can't wait to see your progress on the art quilt.

Kerry said...

So glad you liked it Amy:-)
I'll be stopping by to see the progress on your art quilt ....
My panda mini quilt is up in my craft room now .... it is so gorgeous ... I just LOVE it:-)

jillytacy said...

Great panda package! Love the goodies. I'm glad to see you're still working on the art quilt, I like seeing how you are progressing.