Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Saturday, August 6, 2011

What I've been working on this week

I signed up for my first Doll Quilt Swap on QuiltingBoard.com this week. I've never done one of these before - only the apron swaps and the home decor ones.

Here is the main piece for the Doll Quilt. I plan to add some boarders and hand quilt it. All the fabric is from my scrap bin too!


Next I've started on a baby quilt for my husband's nephew's new daughter (ok so she's almost a year old). I've had the fabric since she was born and am only now piecing it. I am so bad yes very very bad. Terrible even.

I'm using a tutorial from Bee Square Bee for the zig zag quilt. It really came together faster than I expected and I'm fairly happy with the results. One day I hope to be a real quilter when I grow up.


I'm little scared about the chalk lines not coming out..but I'm assured it will wash out.

I really like the green flannel backing.


4 comments:

Regena said...

Just keep right on going...everything will turn out great....it always does for you!!

Denise said...

Love both of your projects. As usual they are beautiful!

Karen said...

Gorgeous....(imagine that being said with Gena's accent) Love that hand quilting!!!!

jillytacy said...

Very cute! I think it looks amazing!