Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Christmas in July Challenge - October

I finished my October project for Amanda's Christmas in July Challenge. It was an any item made from fabric so I could make whatever I wanted as long as it was Christmas themed and fabric based.

I made a Christmas lap quilt. I love the fabric I found in a charm pack. Then I had these tree patterns left over from the wine bottle covers I made so I used them as my quilting pattern on the quilt.



It was the first time I used flannel to back a quilt (I'm new into quilting) so I had a little bit of puckering but nothing a good ironing hasn't solved.



Overall I'm very happy with it except that my binding on one corner just didn't want to miter down as well as I would have liked.



Now on to November anything in any medium but Christmas themed! I have got to come up with an idea!

2 comments:

Regena said...

very nice. and if you didn't prewash the flannel, it will tighten right up with a little steam or a good wash

Crazy Amy said...

i pre wash everything. I wash most fabric before it ever goes into my stash. Learned that from a bad episode once. I think it will shrink up more with another washing...or I can just keep it folded up over the chair

Blog Archive