Cooking, Sewing, Working, Traveling, Gardening and Pondering

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

~Winston Churchill~

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Favorite Fall Recipe!

Pumpkin Fudge

I make this every fall and I just love it. I have subscribed to Southern Living Magazine for 10+ years and I got this one a long time ago and had been my go to sweet treat for Thanksgiving. I hope you like it too.

Ingredients

  • 3 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup melted butter
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels
  • 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow crème
  • 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation

Stir together first 6 ingredients in a 3 1/2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 234° (soft-ball stage) or for about 12 minutes.

Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining ingredients until well blended. Pour into a greased aluminum foil-lined 9-inch square pan. Let stand 2 hours or until completely cool; cut fudge into squares.

Notes: Line pan with aluminum foil before you begin to cook the fudge. Once the candy thermometer reaches 234° and the remaining ingredients are added, quickly spoon the fudge into the pan.

Mary McClure, Barboursville, West Virginia, Southern Living, OCTOBER 2005

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love SL magazine! This recipe looks tastey.....I'm going to have to try it out. Not sure who is making Thanksgiving dinner this year yet. If we are going to my brother's house, I could bring this along :)

Crazy Amy said...

it's not overpowering pumpkin so you add more if you like it pumpkin-y. I add in more nuts cuz i like em.

Regena said...

looks like I get to try something new

Blog Archive